Ford County Requirements for Division of Property & Homesites in the Agricultural District (AG-1)
AG-1 Zoning Requirements
- Minimum Lot Area: 43,560 (1 acre)
Minimum Width: 150 feet
- Minimum yard requirements (setbacks from property lines):
Front – Township Road – 50 ft
County Road – 75 ft
Highway – 100 ft
Side – 20 ft
Rear – 50 ft
Subject to the above requirements, the following divisions are permitted:
- One to less than three acres division.
The one time division of a single lot of at least one acre from a larger tract is permitted if the division does not involve new streets or new easement of access and the dimensions and configurations of said larger tract were in existence on October 1, 1963. Once the division of less than three acres has occurred all subsequent divisions must be three acres or more. (Plat Act)
- Three acres or more Division
The division of a single lot of three acres or more from a larger tract is permitted if the division does not involve new streets or new easement of access. (Plat Act)
- Non farm Dwellings
A Conditional Use Permit is required for non-farm dwellings on less than five acres where no homesite currently exists. (Ford County Zoning)
- Accessory Buildings
1) Section 4. B.(2)(d) In the AG-1 and CO-1 Districts accessory buildings are limited to a total floor area not to exceed 2500 sq ft per one acre parcel. Additional floor area of 1000 sq ft per acre or portion thereof pro-rated is allowed for each additional acre. Square foot of buildings on parcels less than one acre will be pro-rated proportionately.
2) Five (5) acres or more — no size restrictions on accessory buildings.
3) Construction Permits are required for all buildings.