List of Acceptable ID’s

Valid Government Issued Photo ID

A valid government issued photo identification (ID) includes a driver’s license, a state issued photo ID, or a passport. If your driver’s license has an extension sticker on the back, submit a copy of both sides of the driver’s license. If expiration is no more than 6 months old, 1 additional document showing your name and your current address will be needed.
If the expiration date is more than 6 months old or you do not have a valid photo ID, you will need 2 pieces of documentation with your name, 1 of which must show your current address, to prove your identity. ONE piece of documentation can be a bill (for example: electricity, cellular phone, water) or other mail showing your name and current address. The OTHER piece of documentation must be one of the following items:
          Medical/car insurance card
          Car registration paperwork
          Credit card statement
          Bank statement
          Paycheck stub with imprinted information
          Public assistance card
          Voter’s registration card
          Active duty military ID with issued and expiration dates
          EBT Link Card (Illinois Electronic Benefit Transfer)

NOTE: Social Security Cards are not acceptable
A Matrícula Consular card issued after October 2006, and not currently expired is acceptable on its own. However, if issued prior to October 2006, you will need to submit 1 additional documentation showing current address as noted above. If you do not have any of the items listed above, you will need to submit a copy of a current bill (for example: electricity, cellular phone, water) showing your name and your current address.

If you are currently incarcerated, you can submit a dated copy of your prison intake/offender summary sheet containing your photo. If you have been released from prison within the last 6 months, a copy of the release papers along with the prison photo ID is acceptable.